Top 5 Reasons to Take a Hop on Hop Off Bus Tour
- It’s More Scenic – You get an amazing view from atop the bus as you are whizzing by buildings. Something you can’t do in a metro or a public bus.
- It’s Informative – The information that you gain from the tour is fantastic. I would have had no idea where Robin Williams liked to hang out in San Francisco or that a school football field was once named after OJ Simpson. It’s these little facts that make the ride enjoyable.
- It’s Efficient – You can hop on and off whenever and where ever you want! We were able to see many different parts of San Francisco that we didn’t have planned. In one day we got to stop off at the Asian Art Museum, High Street, the Golden Gate Bridge, the Painted Ladies and China Town. We would never have been able to cover this amount of ground for the amount of money we spent any other way.
- It’s Safer – You are going to be sitting around other tourist and although they are strangers too, you will just feel a little safer. There seems to be less chance of pick-pocketing happening on this bus than on the metro or public transportation. The buses pick up and drop off in the same location, right in the heart of the tourist destination, so the chances of getting lost become much slimmer.
- It Frees Up Planning Time – You won’t have to spend as much time planning out your itinerary with a Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour. We got to see a lot of San Francisco, and I didn’t have to figure out how to get there. We were dropped off at the places we found interesting along the way and could spend as much time as we wanted in each area.
The Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour is ideal for your first visit to a large city, like San Francisco. If you are in a major city like London, Rome or New York, the bus ride with commentary (in many languages) is an excellent way to get a feel for the major sights, neighborhoods, and distances. You will be able to stop at all the locations you want and be able to plan out other stops you want to spend more time at on another day.
The Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour allows you to get comfortable with a city quickly without wasting all your energy walking around.
I hope that I have convinced you to not look up your nose at these bus tours the next time you are traveling to a major city. You won’t regret taking one!
Ps. You can book your bus tour in advance online.
I was in no way paid or given anything to promote or write this post. It’s 100% my honest opinion.